Who are we?

Aid International Development is a fund-raising, grant-making charitable trust.   Since November 2000 we have been organising teams of people to do sponsored bike rides, treks and marathons across the world to raise money for a variety of projects and charities.

How do we work?

AID is unique in that we do not have our own projects. Instead we support other charities, raising money for them to use as they see fit. Additionally, we send Build Teams to Zambia, India and Guatemala, to help out with a number of projects run by local charities, including Fountain of Life Church, Calvary Prayer Tower Church and Gifts of Love International.

Where does the money go?

Everyone who raises money through one of our events can nominate a recipient charity. An initial registration fee covers all of our admin costs, while travel and accommodation costs are taken from the total amount raised. Of the remaining net total raised, 60% will go to the chosen charity, with the remaining 40% going into our ‘poor fund’, which is used to finance a variety of projects in Africa, South America, India, the Philippines and wherever else there is a need. The only exception is the Build Teams, where all proceeds go to the project work.

Our partner charities…

AID works with individuals and organisations around the world. Our key partner in Guatemala is Gifts of Love International – www.giftsofloveintl.org – which combines Christian evangelism with tackling poverty and looking after orphans and street children. In Africa we have supported charities in Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Zambia, particularly Fountain of Life Church in Lusaka. Our most recent link is with Calvary Prayer Tower Church in Vijayawada, India.